New COVID-19 OCWPC Return to Play Protocols for 2021
First off – a huge “Hello!” to all of you; we have missed our Families, our Players, and our Coaches tremendously this past year.
We are really excited that we are able to get our pools re-opened and would like to acknowledge and thank every family that has been waiting patiently with us this past year to see our kids get back into the water. We know what this means to you.
We have been working hard these past few weeks to get our practice protocols right and want to make sure that we have everybody onboard with us. There are two components – there is a waiver/release we need each Athlete & Parent to sign and then there are the Practice Protocols that need to be read, understood and diligently adhered to.
New COVID-19 Protocols & Procedures
Step 1 – All Athletes & their Parents must print, review, fill out, sign & return the OCWPC “Waiver/Release for Communicable Diseases Including COVID-19” form here.
Step 2 – Read and adhere to the Protocol Guide for Practice:
With the health and safety of athletes in mind, this document is intended to serve as the Protocol Guide to re-opening water polo training for Orange County Water Polo Club.
All protocols will be followed in accordance with the County of Orange Tier Level. The County of Orange is currently in the Purple Tier known as WIDESPREAD and based on this tier, the following are Orange County Water Polo’s Protocols.
**FACE MASKS MUST BE WORN AS YOU WALK TO DESIGNATED MARKED AREA, AT CHECK IN AND AT DESIGNATED CHANGING SPOT UNTIL YOUR COACH TELLS YOU TO REMOVE FACE MASKS AND GET IN THE WATER. **
● Athletes & parents will park and or drop off athletes. Athletes will ONLY walk to a designated area that is marked outside the pool deck by the front gate and wait until checked in.
● Athletes who drive will park and walk to designated area
● DO not walk in groups to the pool. Please remain socially distanced even if you carpool with other families.
● Athletes who are siblings may walk together to the pool but must stand socially distanced at designated area until check in.
CHECKING IN & PREPARING FOR PRACTICE:
1. Athletes will line up outside of the front pool gate at designated marked spots and proceed forward to check in. (the spots are marked with an “X”.
2. At check in, athletes will answer honestly the 4 questions pertaining to COVID-19, get their temperature taken and hands sanitized.
3. Upon being checked in, the athlete will proceed to the designated marked spot by the pool and undress at designated spot. NO dressing by the benches. All personal items MUST remain at designated spot.
4. After ALL athletes are checked in, practice can begin when the Coach announces for all athletes to remove their face masks and proceed to get in the water to begin practice.
One 10u parent per athlete may walk in and observe practice. Please sit in the stands at one designated area marked with an “X” and please wear a mask at all times. Please maintain a social distance of at least 6 feet.
● Athletes will line up at the designated spots for symptom check & temperature check
● Arrive on time – any late arrivals will not be admitted to practice – it will disrupt the strict check-in protocol.
● Athletes are expected to wear face coverings to and from training
● Only athletes should come onto campus and all parents/guardians should remain inside their vehicles during drop off & pick up
● Athletes will bring their own water (try to bring min. of 32 oz).
● We will not be able to provide water
Athletes may be able to change on deck as long they stay in their socially distanced marked area.
There are squares with numbers on the deck where their swim lane will be.
1. Athlete will put mask back on when leaving the socially distanced marked area.
2. Athletes will leave the exit doors next to the showers.
** IN ORDER FOR US TO PROGRESS AND BE ALLOWED TO ENTER INTO THE NEXT PHASE UPON THE COUNTY OF ORANGE TIER LEVEL, WE MUST ADHERE TO THE PROCEDURES OUTLINED ABOVE.
A printable version of the Protocol Guide for practice is here.